Sunday, January 13, 2013

Beats CEO Steve Jobs wanted to convince to launch a streaming music service

beats steve jobs El CEO de Beats quiso convencer a Steve Jobs para lanzar un servicio de música en streaming

For three years, Jimmy Iovine tried to convince Steve Jobs that Apple will launch a streaming music service. Jimmy Iovine is the CEO Beats, creator of helmets bearing the same name. This was said this week Iovine himself in an interview he had with the middle AllThings D , on the occasion of the announcement of a streaming music service that launched Beats this year and has been named Daisy Project.

As confirmed Iovine, its relationship with Apple were very close in the past and "came together to collaborate on marketing on several occasions." In fact, Iovine Jobs even proposed the idea to launch a music subscription service on more than one occasion:

"He was always trying to convince Jobs to launch a subscription service and at first I was not very keen. Luke Wood (Beats co-founder) and I spent three years trying to talk about with Jobs. He did not want to pay enough money music distributors and had a feeling that at some point they would give up. "

It is rumored that in the coming months we can finally enjoy a streaming music service launched by Apple. If the project has been delayed until now is precisely because Apple executives are struggling to reach an agreement with the major record labels.

Apple is proposing these companies its habitual sharing of benefits: 70% of the proceeds would be for record companies and the remaining 30% would stay at Apple. Treatment not many are willing to accept and branded as "abusive" as is happening now with the future Apple TV and cable operators in the United States. Both labels like televisions have a good reason against Apple: "we own the content, you just to give you a distribution encargáis".

Screen Shot 2013 01 12 at 6.40.47 PM El CEO de Beats quiso convencer a Steve Jobs para lanzar un servicio de música en streaming

If Apple launched this service, other rivals such as Spotify and Pandora and can take to shake. The apple company could secure two modes of distribution of its music streaming: one free, in which users would have to "live with" the advertisements iAd platform, and premium or other payment, in which users would have to pay a monthly fee.

Whatever it is, it seems that Apple is going to be content simply with iTunes Match.

More- The return of rumors of Apple iRadio

Source- The Verge

Article Beats CEO Steve Jobs wanted to convince to launch a streaming music service has been originally published in News iPhone .



No comments:

Post a Comment