The tower defense games are perhaps one of the ones I like to enjoy the iPhone or the iPad, so, I bring the analysis of one of the best titles of this kind that we find in the App Store: "Sentinel 3: Homeworld. "
For those who do not know that such games will let you know that its purpose is to construct and improve defenses that are shooting at a series of waves of enemies to prevent them from entering our strength, in addition, each wave is stronger and faster than before so we have to plan very well our defensive strategy.
In "Sentinel 3: Homeworld" We will have 3 modes of play:
- Campaign Mode: In this section we will have to exceed a total of 20 events that will bring us money and experience.
- Endless: the endless mode, ie the waves will grow until our defenses will not give more of themselves and just dying. In this way we can use the experience gained and improvements in campaign mode since it is the only way to get high marks.
- Classic mode: we could say that it is the most effective method if we take a quick game.
The campaign mode is the main mode of this game because we have to overcome various tests to reach the final stage. To reach the next phase we will always have to have passed the previous one, otherwise, will be blocked and we can not play it.
As we overcome the screens we will gain a number of experience points and money that will allow us to add more defenses to us or improve our "Commander" or robot protector.
The Commander is a robot that will protect our strength when enemies are too close. As we are passing tests, our robot can improve their skills or acquire new ones that will complement us with defenses. The robot's skills improve with experience points you get at the end of each game (the win or not) and get new skills have to spend money.
As for the defenses, the game will have two distinct types:
- Ground Units: are the defenses we put in the earth and that we must place along the way to make enemies. There are a total of 10 different defenses and all of which allow up to 3 improvements that increase the damage done to the enemy. Each defense is good for one type of enemy you have to know the right choice.
- Sentinel Weapons: These are air defenses and use them we use a kind of energy bar to be charged over the game. There is also a total of 10 attacks even if they do not support Sentinel improvements.
Note: The campaign mode has 4 levels of difficulty. If you want obtnruabeaeprecacneperience with the game I recommend you do not play hard below the level otherwise the game becomes boring.
Although they seem to Sentinel 3 has very simple graphics, the fact is they are very warm care and achieve your device after a good time to play.
When we started a game we have a global view of the stage even if "pinch the screen can be zoomed in the same way we do to enlarge an image. To zoom to the maximum we will realize the amount of detail that has Sentinel 3.
I note that Sentinel 3 is adapted for the iPhone Retinal Display 4.
As a futuristic game that is, the music of Sentinel 3 may not be to our liking. Fortunately, we have the opportunity to hear music from our iTunes library directly from the game itself.
The other sound effects are pretty good but end up being too repetitive.
Sentinel 3: Homeworld "also has support for Game Center. With this feature, the game features a total of 47 achievements and leaderboards, where we see the world ranking and that of our friends.
Although not a common practice among developers (unfortunately), Sentinel 3 is a universal game, ie running on the iPhone iPad and therefore will not have to pay twice for the same.
Obviously, the iPad version is much better suited at the interface level as the small iPhone screen sometimes causes we play where we did not want or have to take many detours to access a specific function.
I leave you with a video removed from YouTube in which you can see Sentinel 3 in action:
Sentinel 3 usually costs 3.99 euros but now is a 25% discount so if you like the game, do not let this opportunity slip away.
Join our Facebook community by clicking on the image below!